The City Hall Leiden is on Breestraat, the main street of Leiden and it has a beautiful Renaissance facade.
To the left of the platform is the Roepstoel (calling chair), where the end of the Spanish siege was announced in 1574.
Leiden was besieged by the Spanish troops for 129 days. A poem of exactly 129 letters on a gable stone tells the story.
Close to the town hall is De Waag, a beautiful building from the 17th century. The Boterhal is located at the rear side.
The Koornbrug overlooks the water. This bridge was built to keep the ships with grain dry during rain.
Leiden we could include in the itinerary on our way to the Hague and Delft.